Black Comet - Research Grade
- 190 nm – 1100 nm
- Research grade concave grating spectrometers
- Concave grating for UV-VIS applications
- Perfect spectral imaging with no mirrors for lowest possible stray light
- Flat field imaging for uniform resolution
- No optical adjustments for extreme thermal stability
- Plug & play with Windows XP/Vista/7/8
- High Speed USB-2 interfaces
These miniature fiber optic spectrometers with concave gratings deliver high performance for spectroscopy applications in the UV-VIS wavelength ranges covering 190 nm – 1100 nm.
The instruments are exceptionally robust with no moving parts, and are packaged in small rugged metal enclosures for portable spectroradiometry and lab or process spectroscopy measurements.
The BLACK-Comet UV-VIS spectrometers utilize a 40mm diameter concave grating with aberration correction to provide superb spectral imaging. This significantly improves spectral shapes by reducing comma and astigmatism found in plane grating spectrograph designs.
The spectrograph architecture does not utilize mirrors, and therefore provides the lowest possible stray light in the UV with additional assistance from the holographic line grating.
The concave grating produces a flat field on the CCD detector creating uniform resolution over the entire range.