The RM5 is a compact and fully automated Raman microscope for analytical and research purposes. The truly confocal design of the RM5 is unique to the market and offers uncompromised spectral resolution, spatial resolution, and sensitivity.
The RM5 builds on the expertise of robust and proven building blocks, combined with modern optical design considerations; and a focus on function, precision and speed. The result is a modern Raman microscope that stands alone in both specifications and ease of use.
- Internal Standards and Auto-Calibration – to ensure the highest quality data at all times
- 4-Position Raman Filter Turret – fully automated notch and edge filters to match the Raman range to excitation laser wavelength
- Ramacle® Software – one powerful software package for complete system control, data acquisition, analysis and ease of upgrade
- High Performance Microscope – compatible with all the latest accessories
For price details, further information or to find out how the RM5 Raman Microscope can assist you with your research, simply contact a member of our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Lasers||Up to 3 narrow-band lasers including: 532 nm, 638 nm, 785 nm
Other wavelengths available on request
Laser selection is fully computer-controlled
|Laser Rejection Filters||Up to 3 laser rejection filters included
Filter exchange is fully computer-controlled
|Laser Attenuation||4 orders of magnitude, continuous
|Spectral Resolution||From 1.4 cm-1 *|
|Spectral Range||50 cm-1 – 4000 cm-1 *|
5-position grating turret, fully computer-controlled
Continuously adjustable, fully computer-controlled
|Confocal Imaging||Adjustable confocal pinhole, fully computer-controlled|
|Detectors||Standard Detector||High sensitivity ultra low noise CCD
1650 x 200 pixels, TE-cooled -60oC (standard) OR
2000 x 256 pixels, TE-cooled -60oC (enhanced sensitivity and spectral range)
|Optional Second Detector||EMCCD detector, InGaAs and others available on request
Selection of detectors, fully computer-controlled
|Raman Polarisation||Optional||Polarisation kit available, fully computer-controlled|
|Internal Calibration||Wavelength calibration standard (Neon)
Raman shift standard (Silicon)
Sensitivity validation standard (Silicon)
Automated laser alignment
|Full upright microscope with brightfield and darkfield illuminator
Polarisation, Differential Interference Contrast (DIC) capability and fluorescence imaging
10x and 100x objective included as standard; up to 5 can be included
Trinocular eyepiece, embedded CMOS video camera, second video camera optional
|Comprehensive all-in-one, intuitive software package
Data acquisition, spectrograph control, graphical display, data processing
Chemometric, spectral library packages – KnowItAllTM
|Laser Safety||Without Laser Enclosure
With Laser Enclosure
|Dimensions||W x D x H †
|600 mm x 800 mm x 600 mm
† 63 kg
* depending on grating, laser and CCD selection
† without laser enclosure
Ramacle is an exceptional software package written for complete instrument control and data handling on the RM5 system. Ramacle controls all RM5 functions with a straightforward design concept. It focuses on all modern Raman spectroscopy applications, while at the same time, providing a user-friendly interface with ‘ready to publish’ outputs.
The software provides control, visualisation, data acquisition, analysis and presentation of the RM5 whether it is used for generating Raman spectra or with advanced upgrades such as Raman mapping.
Ramacle enables sample visualisation, live signal monitoring and parameter optimisation before every measurement. The instrument status and signal are displayed and constantly updated during measurements.
Data generated by Ramacle have a proprietary file format. This contains all measurement and instrumental properties, allowing the user to retrieve important information whenever needed and ensures data traceability. Simple input and output functions provide the required compatibility with third party data analysis or presentation packages.
KnowItAllTM Raman Identification Pro spectral library is available for material identification and advanced analysis. Data acquisition methods such as single measurements, multiple and accumulated scans, kinetic scans and generation of maps (accessory dependent) are implemented by intuitive and in user-friendly wizards.
Ramacle Key Features
- Selection of laser and scatter optical pathways
- Selection of excitation wavelength, gratings and exposure time
- Sample and laser focus visualisation
- Programmed attenuator and shutter
- Single, accumulated and kinetic spectral acquisitions
- Spectral correction
- Selection and scans of internal calibration standards and automated calibration correction
- Data operations such as arithmetic, scaling, normalisation and baseline subtraction
- Cosmic ray removal, cropping, smoothing
- Automated laser alignment
- ASCII / CSV data import / export function
- Paste options for presentations and publications
- Mapping features – map setup, collection and data analysis
- Fully motorised stage – XYZ control through joystick and software
- Polariser and analyser selection and control
- Detectors selection
- Laser rejection filter selection
- External camera selection and visualisation