For 50 years Edinburgh Instruments has been providing customers at leading-edge research institutes, academic and industrial facilities with the best fluorescence spectroscopy products in the world. Our products combine customisation, user-friendliness and high performance and are experiencing higher-than-ever demand in this growing worldwide marketplace.
Please view our current job vacancies below.
Raman Development Engineer
Role: Raman Development Engineer
Location: Livingston, UK
Edinburgh Instruments (EI) is an international market leader in high-end, high-value scientific instrumentation. Part of the Hong Kong headquartered global Techcomp Instrument Group, we operate within the Techcomp Europe (TEU) division, which consists of a group of scientific instrument manufacturing businesses with production sites across six countries in Europe and with a comprehensive commercial network with sales offices and distribution partners across the globe.
We are immensely proud of our heritage; for 50 years we have been supplying customers at leading-edge research institutes, academic and industrial facilities around the world. Our products combine customisation, user-friendliness, and high performance, and are experiencing higher-than-ever demand worldwide.
Edinburgh Instruments are looking to recruit a Raman Development Engineer to join our Livingston Headquarters.
What You’ll Be Doing?
The Raman Development Engineer supports the Project Manager and conducts development tasks for new Raman products, bespoke customer requests and sustainability and product improvements. Responsibilities also include supporting the Project Manager in the generation and maintenance of technical documentation. The Raman Development Engineer works in a team with mechanical, optical, electrical and software engineers and will communicate to other teams such as marketing, applications, sales, operations, and production, as required. The ability to present ideas and information accurately in a clear and concise manner is important.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Aid new product developments in Raman spectroscopy.
- Support bespoke development projects in accordance with directions set by the Project Manager.
- Support sustainability and product improvement developments in accordance with directions set by the Project Manager.
- Conduct development tasks, alignment, optimisation, and validation of instruments. This will include using standard instrumentation, adapting systems to enable customer applications, and providing input and direction for proposed product improvements, including new software features.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to share knowledge and ensure projects remain on track.
- Support other teams, such as Production, Operations, Applications, Sales and Marketing, if required.
- Create and maintain technical documentation such as manuals and specification data sheets
- Assist with technical papers, data sheets, application notes, devising experimental lab work to produce technical documentation.
- Assist with the approval and communication of new products and product changes, to take account of the impacts on stakeholders (internal and external).
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time by your line manager.
What You’ll Need to Bring
- Master’s degree or higher in relevant scientific discipline and experience of spectroscopy instrumentation.
We’d Also Love to See
- Knowledge and experience of Product Design methodologies.
- Experience of advanced spectroscopy techniques.
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, software and optical engineers.
This a great opportunity to join an established and growing global business. In return we offer excellent financial rewards and career development prospects. You will work 37.5 flexible working pattern, that allows an early finish on a Friday. After an initial qualifying period and subject to the Company’s terms and conditions of employment, Edinburgh Instruments offers a comprehensive range of benefits including performance-related bonus scheme, death in service, permanent health insurance, private medical insurance, pension scheme, paid holidays, subsidised gym membership, cycle to work and employee discount scheme.
As an equal opportunities employer, Edinburgh Instruments is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply.
Applications for vacancies advertised or speculative CVs are welcomed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively apply in writing to:
Edinburgh Instruments Ltd.
2 Bain Square, Kirkton Campus,
Our Prospective Employee Privacy Notice is available to view and download: Prospective Employees Privacy Notice