Biophysical 2019 – Edinburgh Instruments to attend BPS19 in Baltimore, Maryland
We will be attending the Biophysical 2019 meeting taking place from 2-6 March in Baltimore, Maryland.
Bringing together leading scientists from all over the world, the Biophysical 2019 annual meeting provides a platform for those researchers who work at the interface of the life, physical, and computational sciences.
Over the course of the five days our Head of Product and Sales Support and our Application and Technology Specialist will be showcasing our latest products at BOOTH #501, and will be available to discuss recent news and applications from the team at Edinburgh Instruments. To arrange an appointment to meet with them, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although the meeting will see nearly 6,500 attendees, it still maintains its “small meeting” feel, beginning with the Saturday subgroup symposia which allows attendees to meet within their scientific communities. It is also known for its vitality, demonstrated by the over 900 highly interactive daily poster presentations, the more than 500 speakers selected from submitted abstracts, the many career development programs for those working in academia, industry, and agencies throughout the world, and its advocacy and education programs.
The annual meeting provides the opportunity for attendees, and exhibitors to take advantage of several events taking place during the five-day conference, including:
- Scientific Sessions – These sessions include exhibitor presentations, symposia, workshops, and The 2019 Biohysical Society Lecture being given by Prof. Carol Robinson from the University of Oxford. Prof. Robinson is renowned for pioneering the use of mass spectrometry for her ground-breaking research into the 3D structure of proteins, and the topic of her talk is “From Peripheral Proteins to Membrane Motors – Mass Spectrometry Comes of Age.”
- Subgroup Saturday – The Biophysical Society’s Subgroups hold symposia that allow attendees to meet and interact within focused areas. This year’s subgroup symposia will be held on the first day of the Annual Meeting, Saturday, March 2, 2019. The Saturday Subgroup programs are heavily attended and include exciting scientific symposia, awards presentations, student and postdoc talks, and business meetings, which are open to members of each subgroup.
- Professional Development and Networking – Biophysical 2019 is the richest annual networking and professional development opportunity for researchers in the filed of biophysics. Some of the networking events taking place over course of the meeting include; Undergraduate Student Lounge, Science Communications Workshop with AAAS, First-Time Attendee Drop-By, and more.
- Career Development Center – The Career Development Center provides a home base for attendees looking for their next position and employers seeking a new hire. Two professional career consultants provide career focused workshops and one-on-one career counseling sessions throughout the meeting.
- Satellite Meetings – 2019 Satellite Meetings include “Drug Discovery for Ion Channels XIX” and “Working Towards Federating Structural Models and Data.”
- Ancillary Meetings – 2019 Ancillary Meetings include “Society of General Physiologists Council Meeting”, “Korean Biophysicists Meeting”, “Biophysics Austria Mixer”, “Biophysical Society of Canada Mixer”, and “SOBLA: The Society for Latinoamerican Biophysicists Meeting”.
Join us at the 2019 Biophysical Meeting
2-6 March, 2019
Baltimore Convention Center
1 W. Pratt Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Learn more about Biophysical 2019, and get in touch.