IR5 FTIR Spectrometer
- Outstanding Performance – High sensitivity and spectral resolution
- Photoluminescence Upgrade – Fourier Transform PL upgrade with a choice of laser source
- Configurable – Option for a second detector enhancing sensitivity at selected spectral ranges
- User-friendly – Simple to operate and suitable for all user levels, from beginner to advanced
- Maintenance Free – No maintenance required with moisture control technology
- Miracle™ Software – Powerful and intuitive software designed specifically for the IR5
The IR5 is a high-performance benchtop Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) spectrometer from Edinburgh Instruments.
The IR5 is the perfect choice for analytical and research applications such as polymer, semiconductor, and pharmaceutical samples, offering simple operation as well as fast and accurate results. IR absorption, transmission, reflectance, and infrared photoluminescence can all be measured in the IR5 using only one software package, Miracle™.
For pricing and further information of the IR5 FTIR spectrometer, simply contact a member of our sales team at email@example.com.
|Standard Configuration||Spectral Range||8000 – 350 cm-¹|
|Sensitivity||SNR ≥ 20,000:1|
|Resolution||0.5 cm-¹, 1 cm-¹, 2 cm-¹, 4 cm-¹, 8 cm-¹, 16 cm-¹, 32 cm-¹|
|Source||High-intensity ceramic source|
|Beamsplitter||Germanium coated KBr|
|Hygroscopic Integrity||Integrated desiccants, electronic dry-membrane, embedded LCD and software hygrometers for maintenance-free operation|
|Windows||KBr window exchangeable by user|
|Operating Voltage||Universal mains input 100-240 VAC, 47-63 Hz|
|Detector Upgrade||Second Detector||Additional detector fitted to the instrument optimising its spectral range
Detector options include InSb, InGaAs, and MCT
|PL Upgrade||Fourier Transform Photoluminescence Capability||External PL excitation laser mount, laser is freely exchangeable
Dedicated PL sample holder for maximum signal-to-noise ratio
Intuitive photoluminescence acquisition wizard in software
|Sample Accessories||Transmission Sample Holder||Compatible with films and cuvettes|
|Attenuated Total Reflectance (ATR)||Basic and advanced ATR models available with a choice of crystal (diamond, Ge, ZnSe)|
|Photoluminescence Sample Holder||Suitable for solid samples, powders, and liquids|
|Others||Diffuse reflectance, custom and third-party accessories available|
|Software||Miracle||Powerful and intuitive software for data acquisition, analysis and presentation, full
control of all interferometer, amplifier, temperature and humidity monitoring
|Measurement Types||Transmission, Absorption, Reflection, Kubelka-Munk, FT-PL|
|Acquisition Modes||Live signal monitoring, single scan (including user-defined methods), kinetic series|
|Dimensions||W x D x H||660 mm x 540 mm x 300 mm|
The Miracle software package is designed specifically for the IR5 FTIR spectrometer with a focus on ease of use and smooth workflow. Miracle controls every aspect of your experiment, from instrument setup to data acquisition, analysis and reporting, ensuring intuitive operation at every step.
The Miracle package offers two user levels making it suitable to a wide range of applications. Standard user mode is optimal for analysis and teaching labs where routine experiments are carried out. Advanced user mode unlocks instrument configuration options and complex analysis functions, suitable for R&D and the most demanding applications.
Data analysis in Miracle is highly flexible: it is possible to undo or rearrange processing steps, so you can access the raw data and fine-tune your analysis. The software allows you to reapply apodization with a different function, for better comparison with other spectra.
Miracle Key Features
- Selection of spectral resolution and wavenumber range
- Live signal monitoring, single scan, kinetic series
- Pre-programmed methods for repeating routine analysis
- Advanced user mode for complex applications
- Instrument validation wizards
- User calibration
- Data operations including choice of apodization, baseline subtraction, arithmetical operations, cropping, smoothing, interpolation, etc.
- Comprehensive peak analysis wizard with a range of peak parameters and fitting algorithms
- Photoluminescence measurement wizard included with FT-PL upgrade
- User-configurable layout and data presentation
- Export data into CSV, TXT
- File format compatible with FTIR databases
Read our latest FTIR Application Notes:
Fourier Transform Photoluminescence in a Benchtop FTIR Spectrometer
ATR-FTIR of Blood Serum Using a Heated ATR Accessory
You can find all of our Application Notes here.