An experienced Technical Product Manager to work closely with the development team to help develop and manage existing and future products as well as take on a technical marketing role to offer support to the sales team and manage the marketing function.
- Act as point of first reference for all product related enquiries and work collaboratively with colleagues to answer enquiries and address any issues that may arise
- Manage and work with the Marketing Manager to:
- Develop suitable sales tools including brochures, flyers, data sheets and technical material through working closely with the sales and technical teams;
- Identify suitable exhibitions and conferences for promoting the company’s products
- Manage the company’s website;
- Create and manage the annual marketing plan and control advertising, promotion and sales aids in accordance with the marketing plan;
- Conduct market research to assess customer attitudes to the current product range and new product introductions. Prepare, review and distribute reports, feedback, analysis, and other market data including competitor analysis;
- Monitor and work closely with the development team on all aspects of the design, development and production process;
- Create formal business cases and product descriptions and work as a facilitator between the various internal organizations to ensure product policy and processes are negotiated, documented, and executed accurately;
- Be involved in developing product pricing and pricing strategies and own the product configuration;
- Develop and conduct specialized training on new products and raise internal awareness on all aspects of the new product;
- Lead the development, approval and communication of new products/product changes and their associated customer, operational, system, and process impacts to the various internal organizations;
- Monitor internal processes for efficiency and validity pre and post product launch/change
Desired Skills and attributes
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in technical marketing, engineering or science. Candidates who do not have formal qualifications but have relevant experienced will also be considered;
- Two to five years marketing/product development experience preferred;
- Experience in the scientific instrumentation market or spectroscopy preferred;
- Experience in product development, strategic planning, and implementation.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Advanced spreadsheet and numerical analysis skills:
- Ability to exercise tact and good interpersonal skills;
- Project management skills;
- Group facilitation skills;
- Time management skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Ability to be pro-active with a sense of urgency;
- Ability to read, understand and communicate technical documentation;
- Be a self-starter, a highly motivated person able to work in a fast paced environment that is continually changing.
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Product Design Engineer to join the Development . The Development Department is responsible for generating new products for fluorescence and flash photolysis spectroscopy, including new light sources, spectrometers and detection systems.
The position is for instrumentation development in the field of optical spectroscopy and requires an experienced candidate with university degree in optics, engineering, physics, chemistry, biochemistry, or biophysics.
It is expected that the candidate has thorough knowledge of principle optical design concepts, light propagation, light dispersion and data acquisition techniques. She/he must be able to device new products and optical building blocks, produce specifications for mechanics, optics, electronics and software design engineers, perform her/himself experimental laboratory work and use the experimental results to produce technical documentation such as manuals, technical notes and application notes.
Desired Skills and attributes
- University degree in one of the above mentioned subjects. Candidates who do not have formal qualifications but have relevant experienced will also be considered;
Ability to work and communicate interdisciplinary;
Profound knowledge in the field of optics;
Experience with monochromators/spectrographs and CCD technology;
Ability to work experimentally in an optics laboratory;
Capability to provide simple solutions to technical problems;
Knowledge in imaging, spectrograph design, single photon counting techniques;
Experience of working in a team of optics, electronics, mechanics and software design engineers;
Work independently and self-motivated;
Ability to work under pressure and be able to meet deadlines;
Use of Microsoft Office with confidence;
Knowledge of Solid Work or willing to learn it as a new tool for concept design work;
Knowledge in Zemax or willing to learn it as a tool for optics design work.
We are looking to recruit an Assembly and Test Engineer to join the Photonics production department at Livingston base in Scotland. We are introducing a new range of spectrometer product to complement our existing range of spectrometer products. Candidates need to have a good understanding of mechanical and optical assembly and ideally previous experience of low power visible lasers and working in a controlled environment. The successful will also be responsible inspecting sub-assemblies, final assembly and product test.
Desired Skills and attributes
- Use of measuring equipment, interpretation of engineering drawings performance metrics.
- To ensure all work carried out is built in accordance with and carried out in a timely manner.
- To ensure all work carried out is in accordance standard operating procedures.
- Assist in writing build procedures / work instructions
- Maintain final test records of completed units
Summary of employment conditions
Contracted hours are 37.5 hours per week. The Company operates a flexible weekly working week Monday to Friday.
After an initial qualifying period and subject to the company’s terms and conditions of employment paid sickness, death in service, permanent health insurance, private medical insurance, pension scheme, paid holidays and relevant statutory days as taken by the company.
Salary Package: A competitive salary package is on offer to the right candidate
The Company can only process applications from candidates who possess a valid UK work permit or EU residency qualification.
Applications can either be made in writing to the contact details provided or email your CV to email@example.com along with current remuneration. Resources Manager, Edinburgh Instruments Ltd., 2 Bain Square, Kirkton Campus, Livingston, EH54 7DQ. UK